Over 10 years of experience as a graphic designer, communicating through print and digital media. Capable of shaping an idea from conceptual infancy through finished form. Recently enhanced web technology skills with Adobe Certified Associate designation in Dreamweaver CS6. Ability to specify type, paper weight and texture, and specialty treatments to achieve a desired look and feel. Excellent customer service experience and communicates confidently with anyone. Works well in a group, including leadership positions, but also thrives working on independent projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- Spanish/English bilingual
- Expert level in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Dreamweaver Certification
- Managerial and customer service experience
- Familiar with pre- and post-production procedure
Phoenix Lithographing, Philadelphia, PA
03/2012 – 09/2016
- Formatted Comcast’s direct mail creative for all three U.S. regions, along with collateral material for monthly rate cards and channel lineups.
- Streamlined the editing process by establishing open channels of communication with clients and providing updates on a regular schedule, resulting in timely delivery of work.
- Improved work-flow by editing work files to auto-populate variable data fields, reducing the time it took to make edits.
- Managed image editing and creation of files for online store catalogs, and uploading images to site.
Squarefoot Tradesmen, Buffalo, NY
04/2010 – 03/2011
- Redesigned collateral materials for the company, resulting in increased awareness of services offered throughout the community.
- Maintained the company’s WordPress website; updating images and biographies of employees and new talents recruited.
- Initiated collaboration with non-profit organization in the community to find work for unemployed individuals, and further increase awareness of the company.
Aramark Corporation, Philadelphia, PA
Graphic Designer/Proposal Coordinator
06/2004 – 11/2009
- Recognized for design work on several winning bids which resulted in $44.5 million of revenue for the company.
- Redesigned internal capabilities brochure for the Business Resource Center, resulting in greater awareness of services and increased inter-departmental business equaling more than $150 thousand in yearly earnings for the department.
- Decreased costs by proposing the acquisition of print/production equipment and promoting in-house binding of graphics materials, resulting in production cost savings of more than $7,500 a year.
- Categorized the digital resource library by organizing files into subject-related folders resulting in streamlined searches, increased productivity, and cost savings of $1,500 per year.
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
08/1999 – 10/2000
- Managed the Butterflies! exhibit as well as the Changing Exhibits Hall.
- Provided for the safety of all visitors to the exhibit while answering their questions and ensuring an educational experience.
- Provided for the care and health of the plants and animals within the exhibit including feeding, climate control, waste removal, and quarantine of sick or injured individuals.
- Trained and managed the volunteer staff—coordinating various schedules and availability—ensuring the exhibit was properly staffed at all times.
- Adhered to all federal guidelines provided for the handling and disposal of foreign species.
Lead Sales Associate
10/1998 – 08/1999
- Provided point-of-sales assistance to visitors at the museum’s gift shops.
- Answered questions about product and merchandise and all museum/exhibit related questions.
- Ensured the cleanliness of the gift shops and that all items were properly stocked and available.
- Trained all new hires in register sales and available products.
Art Institute of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
07/2000 – 05/2004
Full Circle Computing, Philadelphia, PA
Web Page Designer Program
02/2017 – 05/2017
Participated in a comprehensive training program with courses in HTML/CSS, WordPress, and Adobe Flash, Captivate, and Dreamweaver; also received training in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Adobe Certified Associate in Dreamweaver CS6 (certified April 2017)